About Our Team
I guide healthcare professionals like you who want to create an environment where employees are engaged, customers are satisfied, and goals are achieved.
My views on patient & employee engagement are evidence‐based, relatable and real world. Organizations that implement my ideas experience increased productivity, safety, quality, retention, patient satisfaction, creativity and more.
As a nurse, keynote speaker, trainer, consultant and author of 5 books; my goal is to inspire healthcare leaders and staff to take action by sharing high impact, easy to implement ideas that transform the way people work. As a cancer survivor and victim of a surgical mistake, I bring the voice of the patient into my programs.
I earned a BS (Nursing) from the University of Florida and a Master’s Degree in Human Resource Development from Towson University. I was an adjunct professor at Johns Hopkins University Graduate School of Business for five years.
I am proud to be one of ~300 women in the world to have earned the Certified Speaking Professional (CSP) designation…the speaking profession’s international standard for platform skill. I have been voted a TOP 5 Healthcare Speaker 4 years in a row by Speaking.com and have been recognized as a TOP 25 Speaker overall. In 2020, I became a Certified Virtual Presenter which means you can rest assured that I understand the delivery of content in virtual settings.
I am also a Certifed Trauma Professional. I’ve taken additional coursework so that you receive evidence-based strategies for managing the effects of trauma in the workplace.
I am the author/creator of:
- SHIFT to Professional Paradise in Stormy & Uncertain Times (Healthcare Edition)
- 6 Shortcuts to Employee Engagement: Lead & Succeed in a Do‐More‐with‐Less World (Business Edition & Healthcare Edition)
- SHIFT to Professional Paradise: 5 Steps to Less Stress, More Energy & Remarkable Results at Work
- The Nurse Manager’s Guide to Hiring, Firing & Inspiring (Sigma Theta Tau International)
- 28‐Day Professional Paradise e-Diary
- Engagement Excelerator™ Virtual Coaching Program
I have written for the Association for Talent Development (ATD) blog, AONL Nurse Leader, American Nurse Today, Hospital & Health Network, Becker’s Hospital Review, NurseTogether.com and the Baltimore Business Journal. Please click on the Blog tab to access on-going posts.